Our wide array of extracurricular activities contributes toward the well-rounded nature of our graduates, providing them with greater knowledge, greater accomplishments, and a greater sense of pride. We want each young woman and man to feel like they can dare to try anything - because they can. They can also dare to take the lead.
- Fall Season: Swimming, Cross Country, Golf, Football, Volleyball and Cheerleading.
- Winter Season: Basketball, Soccer, Wrestling and Cheerleading.
- Spring Season: Baseball, Track & Field, Tennis, Lacrosse, and Softball.
If a boarder is not involved in a sport they are required to be outdoors at 4:00 PM for "Athletics" to get daily physical exercise where they use the obstacle course, weight room, track, basketball or tennis courts, sail, and more.
Open Monday - Thursday from 3:00 - 5:00 PM and Saturdays from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
Supervised by a Senior Naval Science Officer or our Dockmaster - Sailing, Kayaking and Canoeing, Tubing, Fishing, Seine and Cast Netting.
Monday - Thursday from 7:00 - 9:00 PM. Faculty and staff members are available for homework assistance in the Library while other faculty and staff supervise students studying in their dorms. The Cadet Union is a peaceful, newly renovated study area located on the second floor of Farragut Hall and is a special privilege to well-behaved students. Students are allowed to study together if it has been approved. Tutors are also allowed to meet with students during this time.
Residential Life Staff create activities throughout the week for those who have completed their homework and cleaned their rooms.
- Movie Night
- Survival of the Fittest - Tips on studying and self-improvement.
- Private Tutoring
- Cheer for our teams during On and Off Campus Sporting Events
- Mall Trip - Students who are not in mandatory study hall and who have passed room inspection are allowed to attend the mid-week trip to the mall.
- Key Club, the Leo Club, Multi-Cultural Club, National Honors Society, National Junior Honors Society, Spanish National Honors Society and Student Government join for dinners off campus.
- Band, Drama, Color Guard, and Drill Team Practice
- Game Nights / Puzzles
- Fellowship of Christian Students - Weekly Bible Study
Fitness & Wellness
Farragut has many new facilities and training methods with which we offer a wide range of health and fitness challenges: weight room, Core Flex Training Zone, outdoor core training and flexibility workout area including “The Power Station" stretching apparatus, an obstacle course with 15 stations including push-up, chin-up and leg raise station, balance beams, 2 rope climbs, weight sled, tire runs and lifts, trampoline jumps, fitness wall and more.
We also offer yoga classes, core training, aerobics, mixed martial arts, and stretching stick classes.
Students, faculty and staff can schedule one-on-one training and consultations with our Wellness Director, Pete Chapman, or they can join during the group hours below.
|| Student Training
Mon, Wed, & Fri - 6:30 to 7:30 AM
Everyday - 2:45 to 3:30 PM
Thurs - 4:00 to 5:00 PM
Sat - 8:00 to 9:00 AM
Mon-Fri - 3:30 to 5:30 PM
Sat - 9:00 to 10:00 AM