in College and Career
Why are our students more than prepared?
- Peer leadership, through our naval science component, makes college applications stand out.
- Critical thinking skills are developed through curriculum that focuses on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math for emerging careers in high demand.
- 5 or 7 day boarders have an edge when they go to college because they have already experienced living with a roommate and being away from home.
- All students are part of a global community and experience a "college-like" campus.
What makes Farragut different?
- Well-rounded framework. We encourage students to live an active lifestyle by being involved in many athletic and extracurricular programs.
- Academically challenging and fun. We offer Honors, Advanced Placement, and Dual Enrollment courses, Aviation and Flight Training, and electives such as Sailing, Drama, Art, Band, Film & Animation, Spanish, French, Chinese, and more.
- Tools are provided for each student to become organized, accountable, respectful to self and others, and learn what it takes to be a leader.
- Culturally experienced. Students come from an average of 20 countries, 15 states, and often speak more than one language.
- Help is everywhere. Faculty is available every night during evening study hall and residential staff is available 24/7.
- Future leaders. Farragut has graduated two of the twelve moon-walking astronauts in our country’s history (Shepard and Duke), national leaders in the areas of finance, business, philanthropy, and entertainment, as well as scores of military officers.
Headmaster, Robert Fine, Jr. says,
“College placement counselors tell me our kids interview well. Our students are poised, articulate, and demonstrate public speaking skills that most adults would envy.”
Learn more about College Counseling and Placement
View our Academic Profile