Our mission is to insruct and instill a lifelong love of aeronautical science by providing safe, professional flight, and ground instruction to students interested in pursuing a career in the field of aviation. The program is growing yearly and we expect to provide 40 students with flight training this year, with 12 scheduled to complete the requirements for the Private Pilot License.
History 1998 - Today
- Over 500 students have received flight training
- 18 students have earned their Private Pilot’s License
- 28 students have matriculated to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (rated #1 college in aviation)
“I am so pleased with the well-rounded, confident man Farragut helped my son become. As a boarder, he learned to be self-sufficient, prepared for college, and his participation in the Aviation Program was a real confidence booster. He earned his Private Pilot’s License, flew me up in a glider, and even began working on his powered flight license all before graduating high school!”
Benefits of Aviation
- Applies advanced science and math concepts
- Increases self-confidence and communication skills
- Teaches responsibility for self and others
- Impressive on college applications and resumes
- Leads to future careers
- Small class size, maximum 5:1 instructor ratio who have over 70 years of combined aviation experience
- St. Petersburg has over 361 days of sunshine per year = great for flying
- Private Pilot License total value: $32,830 VS. our student price: $14,000 at over half off!