Admiral Farragut Academy is committed to attracting a diverse and talented student body of motivated, talented students of strong character, regardless of their family's ability to pay. We strive to help those families with financial aid that are willing to assume as much responsibility as possible for tuition and fees. We believe the primary responsibility for financing a child's education rests with the family, and as such, we look to them first to finance educational expenses to the extent their resources will allow. We strongly believe that the cost of tuition should not deter you from considering our school for your child.
We offer options such as monthly payment plans and loans, and the opportunity to apply for additional need-based assistance to assist in managing expenses. However, as a result of our limited budget, each year we have more families who qualify for assistance than we are able to fund.
Financial aid is awarded on a yearly basis. Families must re-apply for financial aid each year. The amount of money awarded is not guaranteed and may differ from year to year, based on need and availability of funds.
Click here for Financial Aid FAQs
All required paperwork for the financial aid process must be submitted through the School and Student Services (SSS) with the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) by March 15th each year in order to be considered for award. Completed files will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. Current AFA families will be given priority consideration for assistance and awards will be made contingent on good financial standing. However, awards will be revoked should the account balance not be satisfied by the end of the academic year.
The award calculated by SSS is only a recommendation and does not necessarily represent the amount the family will be awarded. The AFA financial aid committee will discuss and decide on the amount awarded. Please note that it can take four to six weeks for AFA to receive the recommendation report from SSS. Once a decision is made the family will be notified by letter from AFA with the actual award. Due to the continuing increase in financial aid requests the committee's philosophy is to "spread the funds" and help as many families as possible.
Start filling out the Parent's Financial Statement (PFS) ONLINE NOW
Here's an overview of what you'll have to do
- You create an account
- You complete the PFS Online. On-screen help guides you on your way.
- NAIS sends the results of your PFS directly to all the schools you indicate — all for one nonrefundable fee of $37.
- Use PFS Online to submit additional required documents, check status, make a change, and more.
Additional info you'll need
- School Code for Admiral Farragut Academy is: 1100
- Send a copy of the following to Admiral Farragut Academy: 2012 IRS Form 1040 with all supporting schedules, corporate and or business/farm statements where applicable.
- If your most recent IRS Form 1040 is not complete, do not hold up the process. Provide the W2, if applicable, and/or other documentation and follow up with the 1040 when it is complete.
- NOTE: A PFS and processing fee is required to be completed and submitted to SSS by each party if there is a non-custodial, divorced or separated parent. Tax return copies from each party must be sent to AFA.
Contact Tony Pemble at 727-384-5503 with questions regarding the financial aid process.
Florida Resident Scholarships
Available for families who have lived in Florida for a minimum of one (1) full year.
- McKayScholarship.com was created out of love and concern for children with learning disabilities and their families. Secondly, it was created partly out of frustration at the lack of information available to parents to be able to make an informed decision about where their child will attend school.
- Step Up For Students is an initiative of the Florida Tax Credit (FTC) Scholarship Program. The innovative program provides K-12 education scholarships for qualifying low-income students who are entering kindergarten through fifth grade OR who attended public school the previous year. The scholarships give low-income parents the opportunity to choose the K-12 school that best meets their children's needs. The scholarships cover up to a projected $4,335 for private school tuition and books or up to $500 in transportation costs to an out-of-district public school.
Sometimes financial assistance is not enough and families research the possibility of applying for a student loan. Below are links to lending institutions that offer low interest student loans for secondary school students. Admiral Farragut Academy receives no considerations (monetary or otherwise) from these or any other lending institutions.
- prepGATE is a K-12 Education Loan Program
- Your Tuition Solution is the education loan families have turned to at over 2,400 private K-12 schools nationwide. Schools choose Your Tuition Solution to provide a full range of convenient and flexible payment options for their families.
Admiral Farragut Academy has earned approval from the State Approving Agency to receive veterans' educational benefits for eligible students, who have qualified for acceptance to AFA.
Student must be at least 16 years of age
Student must be the legal child of a deceased or 100% disabled veteran, who qualifies for educational benefits
Student must meet all admission requirement set down by Admiral Farragut Academy
Please contact your local Veteran's Affairs office or visit the websites below for more information.
Want to know more?
Financial Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
These scholarships will not cover the full amount of tuition. Please see our Tuition & Fees.