Why Choose Us?
Admiral Farragut Academy is a co-ed, independent PreK-12 day school that offers boarding for national and international students in grades 8-12. With students from an average of 32 countries and 17 U.S. states, our global school creates the opportunity for your child to study and connect with students from all over the world. Students also benefit from unique academic programs like Aviation, Marine Science, Scuba, Sailing, Engineering, and Naval Jr. ROTC. Our graduates succeed in college as organized, accountable, self-disciplined, and respectful critical thinkers who understand that dreams and hard work go hand in hand.
One-of-a-kind Courses & Campus Life
In addition to the traditional PreK-12 curriculum, Farragut students have the opportunity to:
Boarding and day students can:
- Join one of our 21 athletic teams that welcome all levels of ability
- Head to the waterfront to sail, kayak, cast net, or fish
- Venture out for a weekend camping or dive trip to a Florida spring or visit Florida theme and water parks like Disney World, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, Sea World, and more
- Relax on campus for big screen movie and game nights
“College placement counselors tell me our kids interview well. Our students are poised, articulate, and demonstrate public speaking skills that most adults would envy.” -- Headmaster, Robert J. Fine, Jr.
- Through dorm life and our college-like campus students learn to manage time and personal space, and to live harmoniously with others.
- Students note that living with peers pushes them to work harder than they would in another setting.
- The high school NJROTC program provides the tools to become organized, accountable, self-disciplined, and respectful to self and others. Leadership positions and naval science training make our students' college applications stand out.
With so many students, faculty and staff living on campus, we truly are a family. Our faculty and staff coach sports, join students at the breakfast and dinner table, help with tough assignments during nightly study hall, and truly care, as parents do.
A multicultural, multilingual student body means everyone--students and faculty alike--get the benefit of learning new languages, foods, and cultures. Boarding students often go home with day students for the weekend, and day students are often invited to visit homes, states, and countries of their classmates over the summer.
The "Farragut Experience"
The combination of invaluable academic and life lessons learned at Farragut create what our alumni call “The Farragut Experience.” Farragut has always prepared graduates to be critical thinkers, ready to conceive of technology that has yet to be invented and succeed in careers that do not currently exist. To that end, Farragut has graduated two of the twelve moon-walking astronauts, Alan Shepard, Class of '41, and Charlie Duke, Class of '53. Charlie is famous for saying that the word astronaut didn't exist when he started at Farragut, but the education here prepared him for anything!
Located on the Gulf Coast in St. Petersburg, Florida we enjoy incredible tropical weather with an average temperature of 74°F (23°C) and 361 days of sunshine a year. Our students sail, fish, kayak, and go to the beach all year long!
Summer@Farragut is a unique four week boarding experience for students entering grades 9-12 which includes living on campus and attending college-prep classes taught by Farragut teachers. Students are exposed to cultural diversity in a focused learning environment, which helps students become socially mature. June 29 - July 27, 2014