FUN: Come Tour The World With PreK!
- Explore new places
- Experience other cultures
- Discover new plants and animals
- Become a chef during our weekly cooking activities
- Be a junior scientist with weekly discovery activities
LIFE LESSONS: We learn and grow together!
- Encourage autonomy and self-help skills
- Teachable moments used to reinforce social skills in a respectful and consistent manner
- Mutual respect for others and our environment is modeled and practiced
- Monthly character traits are introduced, modeled, and practiced in our classroom and school-wide
- Character building lessons are reinforced by reading children’s literature from around the world
THE BASICS: Our toolbox for Kindergarten - we leave PreK prepared!
- Basis for our well-rounded academic classroom is taken from The Creative Curriculum Approach; a researched based curriculum that enhances children’s creativity and natural curiosity
- Use eleven areas of play: blocks, dramatic play, toys and games, art, library, discovery, sand and water, music and movement, cooking, computers, and the outdoors
- Introduce a letter of the alphabet each week to reinforce our phonics program
- Share items from home that correspond with our highlighted letter
- Sing songs, make puppets, and eat foods that begin with our highlighted letter; it's fun, engaging, and tasty!
- Everyday Math curriculum reinforces mathematical concepts in unique and playful ways
FAMILY FUN NIGHTS: Evenings to share in our excitement for learning!
- “Read and Feed Pajama Party” focuses on the importance of reading
- “Fall Sense-sational Festival" is an exciting way to reinforce our 5 senses
- “Mad Scientists” where we love to wear our lab coats and spike our hair