Enter to Win!
First Place - Wins a Kindle Fire
Second Place - Wins a $50 Visa Gift Certificate
Third Place - Wins a Farragut T-Shirt from the Ship's Store
Description of Contest
Please post a photo and description of your favorite memory at Admiral Farragut Academy Facebook page: www.facebook.com/farragut.org. Photo must be appropriate and in good taste to post on the school’s organization Facebook page. Admiral Farragut Academy reserves the right to eliminate any entrance it deems, in its sole discretion, inappropriate without further right by the entrant.
To enter the contest, you must agree to all Official Rules. Therefore, please read the following rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the contest constitutes agreement to these rules. These official rules form a binding legal agreement between you and the contest sponsors with respect to the contest.
Entries can be submitted as stated below starting today until to 2 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 15, 2012.
Who Can Enter
To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a currently enrolled student of Admiral Farragut Academy (Applies to all grades. Parents may post on behalf of their Elementary or Middle School child that does not have Facebook) or an Alumnus of Admiral Farragut Academy. Employees of Admiral Farragut Academy may post a picture and favorite memory but will not be eligible for any contest winnings.
How to Enter
1. No purchase or payment necessary to enter or win.
2. Qualified entrants shall submit their entry onto our official Admiral Farragut Academy Facebook page by the contest closing date and time.
3. One entry per person may be submitted.
4. All entries must be submitted as stated above on Facebook, no e-mail, mail or other entries will be valid.
5. Entries must be in good taste and appropriate to post on the Admiral Farragut Academy Facebook page. Each entrant agrees not to submit any entry that infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable U.S. law.
Any false information provided within the context of the contest by any participant concerning identity, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the participant from the contest. We further reserve the right to disqualify any entry that we believes in our sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, or violates U.S. or applicable state or local law.
Finalists will be selected by a panel of judges between August 16th and 20th. All finalists’ entries will be announced on the Farragut Facebook page on August 21st, along with the winners name and prize. All decisions of the judges are final and binding.
1. First Place - Wins a Kindle Fire
Second Place - Wins a $50 Visa Gift Certificate
Third Place - Wins a Farragut T-Shirt
2. Winner is required to verify identity and delivery address for prize within ten (10) days of contest winner being posted on the Farragut Facebook page: www.facebook.com/farragut.org. Winner may forfeit winnings if verification cannot or has not been made within ten (10) days. Upon proper verification, and notification, prize will be awarded by hand delivery if local or by mail to the winner's mailing address within seven business days.
3. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
4. By participating in the contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the contest sponsors, and their employees and agents, their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss that may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize.
5. By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts; newspapers and other publications; television or film releases; slides; videotape; distribution over the Internet; and picture data storage) the contest sponsors may deem appropriate.
6. The contest sponsors are not liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest
7. By participating in the contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of contest sponsor personnel. The contest sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule.
8. The contest sponsors reserve the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
Intellectual Property Rights
1. By submitting photo entry, entrants thereby grant to Admiral Farragut Academy and their affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted work or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to the Admiral Farragut Academy includes, but is not limited to, the right to resize, crop, sensor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or
make use of the submitted work.
2. By submitting an entry, entrants thereby represent and warrant that the submitted work or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and the entrants the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to the contest sponsors herein, including but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
3. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the contest sponsors shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any work submitted by the entrant, and may, in their sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any work that the entrant submits.
Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Indemnify
By submitting any photo entry, each entrant hereby releases, forever discharges and covenants not to make a claim against or sue Admiral Farragut Academy, its subsidiaries and affiliates, licensees, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors and assigns, of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which entrant may have or hereafter have against Admiral Farragut Academy by reason of any injuries or damages entrant may sustain, whether to entrant’s person, property, reputation, or otherwise, as a result of, incident to, or related in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation or exploitation of the entry for any purpose described herein. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Admiral Farragut Academy harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach by me of any representation made in the entry or by virtue of submitting the entry.